A note about COVID-19
In the midst of the current situation around COVID-19, our biggest priority at Freedom Barkway is to support the health of our community — people and dogs alike. In the interest of limiting the spread of coronavirus, we are discouraging use of the dog park at this time. This is due to concerns about surfaces that many people touch — faucets, gate clasps, and such.
We know it’s as important as ever to get exercise and fresh air with your dog. To support this goal, we will be posting some alternative dog-friendly outdoor activities to our Instagram, including tucked away local parks and hikes. Take a look at @freedombarkwaydogpark to see more!
Freedom Barkway Etiquette
- All dogs must be currently licensed & healthy with all vaccinations.
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered and not in heat.
- Children under age eight are not to enter the fenced dog park areas.
- Park gates must be closed immediately after entering or exiting the park.
- Only dogs under 30 pounds are allowed in the small dog park area.
- For safety reasons, dogs under 30 pounds should not enter the large dog park area.
- Owners/handlers must immediately clean up after their dogs and dispose of waste.
- Any dog aggressive towards dogs or people must be immediately leashed and removed from the park.
- Owners/handlers should minimize cell phone use in order to keep dogs under supervision at all times
- Owners/handlers must stop their dogs from digging and immediately fill any holes.
- No drones, flying devices, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, jogging, strollers, or scooters allowed.
* Dog Owners waive liability to Freedom Barkway for any injury or damage caused by their dog(s). Owners are solely liable for injuries or damages caused by their dog(s).
DONATE TODAY TO KEEP THOSE TAILS WAGGING!
YOUR DONATIONS HELP MAKE OUR PARK POSSIBLE
As a community run dog park, your donations keep the gates open and the park running. While the City of Atlanta cuts the grass, your donation helps to purchase trashcans, waste bags, water supply, landscaping, benches, fencing and dog toys.
Help use to build a better park. On our current list is additional landscaping, extra benches, french drains and SHADE! Please contact us with your ideas to make our park safe and fun for all.